The 2012 International Space Station (ISS) and Mars Conference is coming up next week! It will be held April 12-13, 2012, at the International Space University (ISU) in Strasbourg, France. To attend in person, please register today at www.issandmars-europe.eventbrite.com.
We are also very pleased to announce that the ISS and Mars Conference will be publicly webcast — anyone interested in viewing the conference should visit http://www.isunet.edu/webcast at the start of the event.
We will be accepting online questions for our speakers and moderators and would love to have your participation. If you would like to ask a question during the conference, please tweet your question to #issandmars. While we naturally can’t guarantee that all online questions will be answered, we will try to submit as many as possible to our speakers and moderators.
This European conference will discuss how ISS can be utilized to advance the goal of sending humans beyond Low Earth Orbit – specifically to Mars. This conference, like the one in Washington D.C. in April 2011, will feature experts from the ISS international partnership, industry, planetary exploration, and other key players in the space community.
- Reinhold Ewald (ESA; astronaut)
- Simon ‘Pete’ Worden (NASA)
- Berndt Feuerbacher (International Astronautical Federation)
- Walter Peeters (ISU)
- Franklin Chang Diaz (Ad Astra Rocket; former NASA astronaut)
- Michael Raftery (Boeing)
- Bruno Gardini (ESA)
- Sam Scimemi (NASA)
- Kirk Shireman (NASA)
- What are the challenges to human exploration of Mars?
- International Space Station (ISS) as a test bed, missions beyond Lower Earth Orbit (LEO) and on to Mars
- Transitioning from ISS to Exploration
- What projects can be launched in the next 2-8 years in Cis-Lunar Space
- Moving Beyond LEO: What missions can be accomplished in the next 10-20 years?
- The ISS Partnership as a governance model for international human missions beyond LEO and eventually to Mars
Once again, if you are interested in attending the ISS and Mars Conference at ISU in person, please visit the conference registration site at www.issmars-europe.eventbrite.com .
For further information regarding ExploreMars please visit our website:
www.exploremars.org or contact:
Chris Carberry, Executive Director
Explore Mars, Inc.