WHO WE ARE
Through programs such as the Humans to Mars Summit, the Mars Affordability Initiative, and Why Mars workshops, we bring space stakeholders, policy makers, and others together to tackle the tough issues that have frequently divided them.
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER, CO FOUNDER
EXECUTIVE VICE PRESIDENT
Explore Mars, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that advocates throughout the world for the human exploration of Mars by the 2030s.
Through our many unique and comprehensive programs and projects, we foster cooperation and facilitate collaboration. We are the creators and hosts of the annual Humans to Mars Summit, the largest Mars exploration conference in the world.
Each year we host experts from NASA and other international space agencies, academia, policy makers, the entertainment industry, and the space-enthused general public.
We conduct significant STEM and educational outreach activities that excite the imaginations of students, young professionals, and other space advocates. The programs connect them directly with industry leadership, government, and individuals responsible for achieving humanity’s presence on Mars.
HUMANS TO MARS
JOIN US FOR AN EXCITING LOOK AT
OUR FUTURE ON MARS!
COME EXPLORE WITH US!
Are missions to the Moon by 2024 and Mars by 2033 achievable?
How will the 2020 Mars Rover advance the goal of getting humans to Mars?
If we find life on Mars, what next?
SUPPORT THE MISSION
Help shape our Collective Future with a tax-deductible contribution to Explore Mars, Inc., and help us to make our goal of putting Humans on Mars by 2033 a reality.
Another Spectacularly Productive and Effective Year for Explore Mars.
Below is just a sampling of our many activities and accomplishments over the past year. In addition to the list below, Explore Mars has also successfully met with and briefed many high-level individuals in NASA, Congress, the Space Council, and industry, as well as many other important players in the space exploration and other communities:
- 5th Mars Achievability and Sustainability Workshop (AMV): Developed in detail three distinctly different scenarios for human exploration of Mars by the end of the 2030s that were required to be affordable. (https://www.exploremars.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/AM-V-Report_Design_v3.pdf)
- 1st Augmented and Virtual Reality and Space Workshop (https://www.exploremars.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/H2MMR-Whitepaper-FINAL.pdf)
- World Government Summit: Space Settlement Forum: Dubai, UAE
- Explore Mars organizes and leads the Space Exploration Alliance’s 2018 Legislative Blitz, an annual grassroots visit to Congress in which over 70 people participated, visiting over 170 congressional offices over two days.
- Explore Mars displays and presents at Awesome Con and Escape Velocity in Washington, D.C.
- 2018 Humans to Mars Report (H2MR) is released and distributed, including to space stakeholders and to all Congressional offices. H2MR is an annual publication that presents a snapshot of current progress in mission architectures, science, domestic and international policy, human factors, and public perception regarding human missions to Mars – and highlights progress and challenges from year to year. (https://www.exploremars.org/wp content/uploads/2016/12/H2MR_18_Web.pdf)
- 2018 Humans to Mars Summit (H2M.ExploreMars.org): H2M is the largest annual conference in the world focused on sending humans to Mars. H2M 2018 featured an impressive lineup of speakers that included members of the United States Senate and House; high ranking Mars mission architecture and science experts; senior international space officials; innovators in virtual/augmented reality, artificial intelligence, and other exciting technologies; prominent members of the entertainment industry; and H2M was the first conference that Jim Bridenstine spoke at after being sworn in as NASA Administrator.
- Chris Carberry testifies before the Senate Commerce Subcommittee on Space, Science, and Competitiveness, at a hearing entitled, “Destination Mars – Putting American Boots on the Surface of the Red Planet” (https://www.youtube.com/watch?reload=9&v=yi577U7dpL0)
- Explore Mars presents at COSPAR in Pasadena
- 6th Mars Achievability and Sustainability Workshop (AMVI): Explore Mars brings the Mars and lunar communities together to find commonalities in mission architecture and capabilities.
- AMV Report is released and distributed to space stakeholders, policy makers, and the general public (https://www.exploremars.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/AM-V-Report_Design_v3.pdf)
- Explore Mars partners in the European Rover Challenge in Poland
- Explore Mars Presents at the International Astronautical Congress in Bremen, Germany
- Explore Mars presents at The Atlantic Magazine Festival in Washington, DC (https://theatlanticfestival.com/)
- Explore Mars supports The Press Club in Washington, DC to present a humans to Mars panel
- Explore Mars partners with iGiant workshops in San Francisco and Las Vegas
- AMVI Report is released and distributed
- Explore Mars runs a Congressional briefing panel
- Explore Mars organizes and leads the Space Exploration Alliance’s 2019 Legislative Blitz, the annual grassroots visit to Congress.
- The 2019 Humans to Mars Summit, National Academy of Sciences, May 14-16, 2019 (https://h2m.exploremars.org)