THE 2024 HUMANS TO MARS SUMMIT
May 7-8, 2024
The Jack Morton Auditorium, The George Washington University
H2M 2024 elevates beyond a typical summit. Anchoring the 5-day Humans to Mars Week, it embodies a fusion of pioneering ideas, profound insights, and a shared passion for the human exploration of Mars. At H2M 2024, participants will interact with leading experts across fields such as space exploration, science, technological innovation, industry, policy, entertainment, STEM education, and skilled trades, among others.
“Over the past decade, H2M has been and remains the most successful conference focused on a sustainable human presence on Mars,” stated Explore Mars CEO, Chris Carberry. “This year we are restructuring the event to maximize the in-person as well as the online experience of the week’s events.”
H2M 2024 will focus on questions that include:
- Do we have a viable mission architecture plan for Mars?
- What are the most significant technological hurdles (or long poles) that need to be overcome before humanity steps on the surface of Mars?
- Do we have an adequate pipeline of skilled workers to build our future in space?
- How can governments and commercial industry collaborate to enable a human presence on Mars?
- Can we send humans to Mars in 2033?
- How can innovations from Mars-focused R&D drive value and improvement on Earth, and how can stakeholders contribute?
- What are the major Mars science achievements over the past year – and what are our objectives before humans first step foot on the surface?
- How can we most effectively protect the physical and mental health of astronauts voyaging to and from Mars?
During Humans to Mars Week, attendees can look forward to:
- Networking Receptions: Rub shoulders and connect with key figures in the space industry.
- Mars Day on the Hill (May 9, 2024): Advocate for the Martian mission at the heart of Congress.
- Exclusive Tours & Collaborative Initiatives: Get a firsthand behind-the-scenes look into the future of space exploration.
- Expert-led Workshops: Dive deep into STEM advancements, the integral role of skilled trades in space, and the latest in Martian innovation.
Hotel & Lodgings
Sophisticated Washington, DC Hotel in the Heart of Foggy Bottom
Whether you're visiting for business or leisure, State Plaza Hotel is in the city's business and financial districts, just steps from vibrant F Street. Situated on a tree-lined street by George Washington University, in the Foggy Bottom neighborhood, our Washington, DC hotel is a five-minute walk from the iconic monuments on the National Mall and the White House. Experience the grandeur of the Lincoln Memorial and enjoy inspiring views from the Washington Monument. Enjoy a concert at the Kennedy Center, meet wildlife at the National Zoo or explore the National Gallery of Art by using the Foggy Bottom Metro Station, 3 blocks from the hotel. For corporate travelers, State Plaza Hotel is just minutes from Capitol Hill, the K Street business corridor, State Department, World Bank, National Academy of Sciences, and many embassies and national organizations. Experience the culture and commerce of our nation's capital from our Foggy Bottom DC hotel..